Five Friends I’m Thankful For
- That one I don’t see often enough.
- That one who’s always there when I need a friend.
- That one who lets me help when a friend is needed.
- That one who shares my enthusiasm for Keanu Reeves’ acting skill.
- The one who keeps telling me about the new book I should read.
Five Books I’m Thankful For
- Everyday Zen: Love & Work, by Charlotte Joko Beck
- Time Enough for Love, by Robert Heinlein
- The Dark Night of the Soul, by Thomas Moore
- Memory, by Lois McMaster Bujold
- Bird by Bird, by Ann Lamott
Five Days I’m Thankful For
- The Second Day of a New Love.
- The Present Day of a Current Love.
Five Sounds I’m Thankful For
- Baritone sax.
- Bass drum.
- The soft susurrus of satiation.
- A long sigh at the end.
Five Skills I’m Thankful For
- Enjoying art.
How about you?
p.s. I confess, I made up the fourth “Friend” one. But imaginary friends are fun too.